Burns Experts Issue Safety Advice Ahead Of Firework Night

Burns specialists at The Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead have issued advice prior to fireworks night. 

Last year the hospital saw 12 children from Sussex, Surrey and Kent who suffered burns as a direct result of fireworks or sparklers.  Sparklers were a significant cause of injury last year in addition to burns from rogue fireworks.

The hospital advises local residents to attend organised firework displays where possible and to have a bucket of water on standby at home to put sparklers in as soon as they go out.