Surrey County Council has issued an urgent appeal for personal protective equipment, or PPE.
The Council is appealing to businesses to donate PPE items such as masks, hand sanitiser and gloves, to protect frontline workers in Surrey during the Coronavirus pandemic. The Council hopes that businesses such as tattoo artists, beauty salons and nail bars will offer their stocks while they are closed.
Delivery and collection can be arranged by contacting [email protected].
Surrey County Council would like to hear from those who have items from the specific list below and which conform to the safety standards indicated:
- Eye protection EN166:2001 Frame Marking: 3
- Hand sanitiser gel (greater than 60% alcohol)
- Disposable overshoes CE marked
- Disposable overalls CE marked
- Disposable plastic apron (single use)
- Disposable gloves (single use) EN:374/5 (Viral protection)/nitrile purple/ nitrile blue
- Fluid repellent surgical mask (single use) Type 11R medical use
- Drager dust masks
- Hand soap
- Surface Cleanser Spray
- Universal Cleaner
- Cleaning cloths
- Blue Wiper Roll
- Industrial cleaning wipes (excess of 60% alcohol or a disinfectant contained within it)
- Jumbo Toilet Roll
- Paper Hand Towel