Crawley Borough Council is urging residents to come together to invest in renewable energy through a group buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage.
Solar Together Sussex is helping homeowners to choose high-quality installations from pre-approved installers.
Crawley residents can join the group buying scheme which offers solar panels with optional battery storage and EV charge points. Residents who have already invested in solar panels and are looking to get more from the renewable energy they generate and increase their independence from the grid can also sign up to the scheme for retrofit battery storage.
You can register for free up until 26 May and there is no obligation to go ahead with an installation. Crawley Borough Council is working in partnership with West Sussex County Council, other local councils and organisations, and independent experts iChoosr to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible.
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in a reverse auction. They are able to offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration makes it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment
To find out more, visit Solar Together SussexOpens in new window.