Lord Lieutenant of Surrey
Susy Radio received an Appreciation Award from Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant of Surrey, Michael More-Molyneux, in recognition of the hard work, commitment and selfless dedication the volunteers had shown during the course of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The full story can be read here.
Crawley Coronavirus Community Champion Award
Susy Radio received a ‘Crawley Coronavirus Community Champion Award’ for continuing to provide information and support during the Coronavirus pandemic.
The nomination was made by Henry Smith, Member of Parliament for Crawley and the photo of the certificate is displayed with kind permission.
More on this story can be read here.
A company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: 54 Nutfield Road, Merstham, Redhill, Surrey RH1 3EP.
Registered number: 6748586.
As the Local Community Radio station for East Surrey and North Sussex, we will:
- Hold the licence and act as the operating company for a community radio station for East Surrey and North Sussex, incorporating the towns of Redhill, Reigate, Merstham, Horley, Gatwick, Crawley and villages in between, this being communities that are primarily geographically divided to the south of The North Downs and the M25 London Orbital Motorway
- Encourage social cohesion within the fragmented areas of population made up of the southern part of Reigate and Banstead Borough, parts of Tandridge Borough, the Gatwick and Crawley areas and part of the Borough of Mole Valley towards the town of Dorking.
- Operate a high quality radio service aimed at these communities on a modest cost base for the social benefit of all, rather than for commercial profit.
- Promote local community access and involvement in the station and its ancillary activities.
- Facilitate an “open door” policy to all comers for participation within the structure of the station (subject to the regulation afforded by its management policies and structure, programme remit and licence conditions).
- Provide access to training facilities within the operation of the radio station and its local established partner organisations.
- Make available affordable advertising services and commercial sponsorship opportunities to businesses, organisations and individuals within the transmission area.
Our Environmental Responsibility
Susy Radio agrees that it is important to protect the environment.
In addition to complying with all relevant legislation, we seek to integrate awareness and practical care for the environment into every aspect of our operation.
Activities include, but are not restricted to:
- Encouraging & assisting the use of sustainable transport.
- The efficient & appropriate use of consumables & the use of recycled/environmentally friendlier alternatives where practicable.
- The control of waste to landfill by separating & recycling materials.
- Encourage the use of fair-trade goods.
- Regulated use of services ie. heat, power, water.
- Enable stakeholder feedback, regularly review performance & adapt when necessary.